Research Offer

Hello,

I’ve been correctly calling individual stock moves for the last 5 years. I’d like to offer my research to you.

My stock picks have outperformed the market handily. The nice part: You can verify my claim – I blog at SeekingAlpha.com. You can read my articles and note some very timely calls.

For instance, I have been long Apple since 2007 and short Nokia, RIM, and Hewlett-Packard. During a 5-year period, I published over 50 articles explaining why Apple should be bought and its competitors sold. Following my advice would have a portfolio manager’s career as Apple soared and Nokia, RIM, H-P crashed.

I correctly predicted Pilgrim’s Pride’s bankruptcy. Making a bet against that company would have made the portfolio boatloads of cash.

I suggested dumping Bank of America and, instead, buying a small regional bank. Bank of America cratered; the regional soared.

I suggested buying a basket of SaaS stocks in 2011 – all either doubled or were taken out a year later.

More recently, in January, I predicted 7 stocks – Limited Brands, Wynn Resorts, The Buckle, Werner Enterprises, Stamps.com, Armstrong Worldwide, and MTOX Scientific – would announce large special dividends before year’s end. To date, Limited, Wynn, The Buckle, Werner, and Armstrong have all declared special dividends. MTOX didn’t get a chance – it got acquired, giving shareholders a 94% YTD return.

I’d like to offer you or your firm research to help you pick next year’s winners.

I am a retired physician who has been analyzing stocks for 15 years. I publish my market research on SeekingAlpha.com, where I am followed by a number of money managers and analysts. I use a combination of technical and fundamental analysis as well as proprietary metrics. My picks – both long and short – have been very successful. I’d be glad to give you the links to my articles so you can substantiate my claims.

I am eager to share my advice and research on an exclusive basis.

If you’re interested, you can reach me at stephenjrosenman@gmail.com.

Best,

Stephen J. Rosenman

seekingalpha.com/author/stephen-rosenman

Friday, April 5, 2013

Body Central: Turnaround Story


Seeking Alpha
Disclosure: I am long BODY(More...)
Body Central (BODY), a young women's apparel retailer, has brought in experienced management to affect a much needed turnaround. Body Central has been a disaster: falling comparable store sales and ugly earnings preannouncements. The new CEO plans on clearing out inventory and starting fresh. He's got the right idea. In my last trip to the mall, I found Body Central to be an appalling mess of badly displayed merchandise. The previous crew was clueless as to why comparable store sales were falling - a simple visit would have found the answer among the racks of jumbled goods. The new CEO, Brian Woolf, has articulated a plan to improve this retailer, focusing on presenting the customer with a less cluttered, easier place to shop. Woolf has strong credentials. Before taking the CEO position, Woolf was President of Lane Bryant. A picture is worth a thousand words: Visit Lane Bryant and then walk over to Body Central. You go from a well-thought out shopping experience to an unappealing hodge-podge. Body Central could benefit from a little more Lane Bryant.
There are a number of positives for Body Central going forward:
1. The retailer has no debt and $41 million in cash. The balance sheet is strong. Current ratio is an impressive 2.3.
2. Body Central has been profitable in every one of its quarters since the IPO.
3. This 276 store chain is still expanding although they are wisely putting the breaks on new stores.
4. Price/Sales is an attractive 0.5. PEG ratio is 0.5.
5. The new CEO is incentivized to succeed. He has an option to purchase 300,000 shares of common stock and 150,000 shares of restricted stock. For the details, look here. He has been involved in ladies apparel his whole career. In addition, the company brought in experienced merchandisers from Sears, Maurice, and Lane Bryant.
6. Body Central has an appealing concept of edgy young women's apparel. The problem was awful execution and merchandising. The bad actors have been kicked out. This apparel chain is banged up but not ruined.
The risk/reward: Not long ago, Body Central had a PE of 19 to 20 and earned an average $0.90 a year (3 years average). Should management execute a turnaround, yearly earnings of $0.90 might be in the cards, a PE of 18 isn't out of the question and the stock might be worth $16. Not a bad return if the turnaround works.
All in all, the balance sheet is good, the stores are still profitable. Body Central needed adult leadership. It just got that.
Additional disclosure: The opinions in this document are for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to buy or sell the stocks mentioned. Past performance of the companies discussed may not continue and the companies may not achieve the earnings growth as predicted. The information in this document is believed to be accurate, but under no circumstances should a person act upon the information contained within. We do not recommend that anyone act upon any investment information without first consulting an investment advisor as to the suitability of such investments for his specific situation.
Comments (1)
Track new comments on this article
Add Your Comment:
Publish
 

No comments:

Post a Comment